Twice a week for 8 weeks
6 - 9
It’s not unusual for kids to get into the habit of snacking between meals. Why not give them a fun game to keep their hands busy during those times they might want to snack?
What you need
Plastic bottle or other plastic container with a tight lid
Sand or small pebbles
Small items that fit into the bottle which can be the “treasure”
How it works
- Fill the plastic container just over half full with sand or small pebbles.
- Add small “treasures” like paper clips, bolts, pennies or other small items.
- Secure the lid tightly to ensure the child cannot open it.
- Write the number of items that are in the container on the outside.
- Encourage your child to roll the container around to spot all the hidden treasure. Supervise them to ensure the container stays closed.
MORE Managed portions Portion sizes that are suitable for kids can be surprisingly different from those you’d serve to an adult. With our simple health tips for kids, you can get them involved and be sure they’re getting just the right amount of fuel they need to grow.